Are you an aspiring model who needs great head shots? Or perhaps you just want an exquisite self portrait taken during your prime? Whatever the answer is, you have to look your best on the day of the shoot.
In this article, we’ll share some beauty prep tips so you can wow in front of the camera:
Two Weeks Before
- Schedule a facial wax appointment during this time. A few stubborn eyebrow hairs might start to grow a a few days before the shoot, but don’t fret. These can always be plucked out using tweezers.
One Week Before
- Out of the ordinary treatments should be done during this type. This gives enough time to take effect on the skin. Get a facial at the salon or save money with a homemade alternative. One simple trick you can try is slicing a strawberry in half and rubbing it on the skin. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it out.
- Exfoliation should also be done a week before a shoot. The same goes for having your hair cut and styled.
Two Days Before
- Make sure your nails are well-groomed. Finger nails and toe nails should all be the same length. Use colourless polish or a French manicure.
- Combat dark circles and puffiness around the eyes by getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep two nights before the photo shoot.
The Night Before
- Mix equal parts of a self-tanning product and moisturiser in your hands. Rub this evenly on your face and neck. This gives your skin that youthful and vibrant glow.
- You’ll be required to have make-up on. If you’re not an ace at this, enlist the services of a professional. Makeup Artists Brisbane by Oz Beauty Quotes offers professional makeup service for weddings.
A word on photographers:
You want those shots to look fantastic. That said, you’ll need an expert on the job. In New Zealand, you’ll find Auckland photographers who specialise in self portraits. They’ll know how to capture your best angle and immortalise in a great photo.
These days, getting photography services in Auckland is easy. Search on the web and you’ll find information on a suitable photographer.
Make sure to check the portfolio of Auckland photographers to ascertain that their style fits your requirements.